Singing with Sylvia for Christmas

More from Saskmom

Feeding the Fam

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

 Singing with Sylvia for Christmas


new island chinese & japanese restaurant, inc.

Quebec & Circle, Saskatoon ~ online

Baby J and I met Daddy for lunch today at New Island Chinese and Japanese Restaurant, Inc. Every other booth in the restaurant had a kiddo or two in it, so I knew right away I had enetered a parent-friendly establishment.

We were greeted warmly and were seated at a booth close to where the chefs were rolling their maki sushi. We were brought a clean high chair, two menus and a white grease pencil to mark our selections.

New Island is a clever blend between an all-you-can-eat Chinese buffet and a pay-per-piece sushi restaurant. For the set price of $13.99 at lunch, you can order as many items as you want from the menu. I've never been to a restaurant with this type of format and, I must say, I love eating this way!

Is it the best sushi I've ever had?  No. While they were tasty, they were messy. Several of my maki peices were loosely rolled to the point of falling apart. On the other hand, I was a big fan of New Island's wonton soup, chicken fried rice and shrimp tempura. So was baby J.

With it being in close proximity to my husband's work and a comfortable way to get my sushi fix with a baby in tow, New Island is definitely a place my family will visit again and again.

Please note that this restaurant does not have a change table, which is why it receives only two pacies in our rating system.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]